Monday 12 December 2011

Nakamura Sakura

Hello! I am Sake's younger and oh so adorable sister, Sakura Renée! I currently reside in small town known as Pet Society. I've lived there for about two and half years and my brother recently moved in with me. But before living in this peaceful and quaint town, here's my story . . .



As you may know already our parents are divorced, they got divorce a few months before our fifth birthday which would be the first of many that we would spent apart. Mama and I moved back to France and to Paris where she learned her trade.

Age 5

the Den in Mama's house where we lived after their divorce


Mama sent me to private, very privileged schools up until Junior High School   


Age 14


Mama sending me off one day during my final year of Junior High

Everyday after school, I'd go to Mama's shop. While I was elementary school, I'd greet her customers as they came in and learnt every item on Mama's menu. By middle school, when I wasn't doing homework or studying I'd work in the shop assisting the wait and floor staff. In Junior High, I had learn't many of Mama's recipes by heart and enjoyed very much assisting her and her apprentices in the kitchen 
 



Mama's Pâtisserie - the 'takeaway' and entry of her shop







I'd go to Mama's Pâtisserie everyday after school



The beginning of the summer of my before my last year of Junior High, I got news from Sake that he and Papa were moving back to Papa's hometown in Japan to stay there semi-permanently while Sake attended High School. I begged Mama to allow me to go to school with Sake and for me to live in Japan for a while. After months of both Sake and I begging her, she allowed me to live Papa and Sake for the duration of my three years of high school on the condition that I would return to her after and I spent part of summer vacation with her and Sake and I both stay with her Christmas every year I lived in Japan. After Papa also agreeing to Mama's term, I attended High School with my brother.

Age 16


When we graduated High School, I returned to Mama and to France as promised with a heavy heart, I would miss living with Papa and Sake. Traveling with them on Papa's Archaeological Trips during Spring and the latter Part of Summer Vacation. I'd miss the beauty and liveliness of the seasonal festivals and something else you'll have to hear about another time! 


I attended a university that offered a two year culinary arts programme, which I focused more on french pastry making  


Age 19


After finished that programme I was 20 and then worked under Mama at her shop for another two years

Mama and I in her pâtisserie's kitchen while I worked as her apprentice 

When I completed my apprenticeship with Mama, I moved to Pet Society after loving the small town while visiting it once while I was university with some friends.

Taken the day I left France to move to Pet Society
Au Revoir la France! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome post <3 You write and describe wonderfully Anj. Sakura had quite and interessting life it seems, 3 years in Japan! I feel jealous xD

    And awwww that picture of her at 5 years old <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your sweet comment, Noa! <3 I know, I'm jealous too xD

    I just loooove those pigtails <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww... I'm so jealous of Sakura's family xD
    she have a wonderful life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to live a day in Sakura's life! xD

    ReplyDelete